Highfield Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF)
The Highfield Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF) has been designed to prepare trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts. It requires observation and assessment of practice and the range of optional units available provide opportunities to contextualise the qualification for different learning environments.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- want a qualification focused on practical teaching
- want a choice of optional units that reflects the context in which they teach
- are currently teaching and want to have their practice and experience accredited
- are not currently teaching but can meet the minimum teaching practice requirement of 30 hours
- are able to undertake a qualification of medium size
- have the potential to study at this level which equates to the first year of an undergraduate degree
- are willing to undertake an initial assessment of their skills in maths, English and ICT
How long will it take me to achieve this qualification?
The total qualification time for this qualification is 360 hours and of this 140 hours are recommended as guided learning hours.
TQT is an estimate of the total number of hours it would take an average learner to achieve and demonstrate the necessary level of attainment to be awarded with a qualification, both under direct supervision (forming guided learning hours) and without supervision (all other time). TQT and GLH values are advisory and assigned to a qualification as guidance.
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by a portfolio of evidence which must cover all assessment criteria of the units selected. The portfolio of evidence will be assessed and internally quality assured by the Centre.
Credit Value: 36
Individuals achieving this qualification may wish to progress onto a higher level teaching qualification.
For more details, please contact a member of our training team.
Office: 01233 822201